Friday, November 30, 2007

Liz is running? Why?

I am such a dork. I am running 5.7 miles on Saturday in a relay at the Cal Marathon. I started running 1.5 months ago but am still a nervous wreck!

These girls run 26 miles and I am freaking out about 5.7?? The Relay leg distances are: #1 = 5.9 miles, #2 = 7.6 miles, #3 = 7.0 miles and #4 = 5.7 miles. (ME!)

I have the shortest leg which is last so everyone will probably being slowing down by then but I am still anxious. Anyway, I am going to do it and i will be very proud of myself. The website says everyone gets a medallion. That is the only thing I am looking forward to.

3 comments:

The Harmans said...

You were a champ Liz!! Once it begins it doesn't stop you know. :) Glad you've joined the scene.

The Wades said...

you were so great, liz. it was so great to see your beautiful face at the end! made my day. see you in a few weeks!!!

Molly said...

Not only did you do great, but I heard you were dancing and singing during it! I don't think I can do that on a 5.7 mile run...